Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hello

I am starting this blog because I have been inspired by a local blog that I follow.  Also, there are friends and family that may not be on Facebook but this is a way that we can all stay connected as well.

I am also starting to go hog wild with my garden and want to share that experience with everyone that wants to follow.
 This first one is from 2011.  The garden area when be bought the house in 2009 was all grass.  I borrowed a rototiller and still had grass.  I then decided to make raised beds with the dirt for that garden year.  It felt very good to get that all done by hand.
 This is a photo of one of my roses.  We have about 12 or so rose bushes around the property.
 This is what the garden looked like last year (the previous years beds are under the cardboard you see).  I decided to make raised beds with 2x6s, that measure roughly 4'x8'.  I like using cardboard as a natural way to help suppress weeds.
 This is the before image of one of the planting areas next to the front door.  I am making it a shade garden and plan to be adding more plants to it this year as well.
 A photo of the corn and tomatoes from last years garden.
 More tomatoes and green beans from last year as well.
 Onions and cucumber.
 A little harvest from last year.
This is what I have been working on over the winter.  I now have a total of 9 raised beds and plan to plant something in all of them (some will be flowers).  

The blog that I follow, the writer grew over 2000 pounds of food last year.  I have set my goal for 35# this year not knowing what I will actually get.  I am very excited to see what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment