Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Well it has been a little longer than I had hoped to update my blog but here it is now.  My potatoes are starting to come back which makes me happy.  My greens are a little slow to grow but this is the first year I have grown them so I am learning as I go.  A few days ago I transferred my tomatoes and basil to my little green house.  As you will see in the photo, I put a strand of standard Christmas lights (not LED) and plug them in at night keeping them about 5 degrees warmer than outside.  Tonight there is threat of frost so it will be interesting to see what I wake up to.  Here is my photo update.  Soon I will be trying some DIY weed killer methods to see what works.

 My mustard greens and a red rock cabbage in the top right, still small but growing.

One of my kale plants. 















My green beans are now ready for their support.
One of the fuchsia's looking happy.


My greenhouse set up.  It is a small 2 tier set up that works great for me.  On top of the second shelf I have a thermometer that I can read from inside to check temperature and humidity.











That is it for now.  Happy gardening everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The garden and greenhouse looks great! The potatoes were slow to emerge this year - cold nights. But the next few days should really make everything pop up. I transplanted Bernie the tomato to the next size of pot. Out to the big greenhouse he goes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete